Ontario Regulation 157/21
made under the
Health Protection and Promotion Act
Made: March 3, 2021 Filed: March 3, 2021 Published on e-Laws: March 4, 2021 Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 20, 2021
Amending Reg. 569 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Regulation 569 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following section:
5.4 (1) Every person who performs COVID-19 point of care testing and who is not otherwise required to report under the Act or this Regulation shall report the following to the medical officer of health of the health unit in which the person to whom the test was administered resides:
1. With respect to a test that employs nucleic acid technology, all positive results.
2. With respect to a test that employs antigen technology, all presumed positive results.
(2) Every report under this section must,
(a) contain the information required under subsection 3 (1); and
(b) be reported to the medical officer of health through the Ontario Laboratories Information System (OLIS), or if it is not possible to make the report using OLIS, be reported directly to the medical officer of health in some other secure manner.
(3) A medical officer of health who receives a report under this section shall forward it as if it were a report to which section 8 applied.
(4) In this section,
“COVID-19 point of care testing” means testing that employs a COVID-19 medical device authorized by the Minister of Health (Canada) for point-of-care use.
2. Section 6 of the Regulation is amended by adding “or section 5.4 of this Regulation” after “of the Act”.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.