Telecom Order CRTC 2021-315
Ottawa, 3 September 2021
Bell MTS, a division of Bell Canada – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Bell MTS, a division of Bell Canada
General Tariff – Revisions to Megalink Loyalty Discount
17 June 2021 1 December 2021
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests, because it will ensure that loyalty discounts for certain subscribers to Bell MTS’ Megalink Service will continue to be available, albeit at a reduced level;and (ii) innovation, because it will ensure that consumers continue to have access to high-quality telecommunications services that meet their needs.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: