ASC issues written decision regarding Bison Acquisition Corp. applications
Dec 23, 2021
CALGARY – December 23, 2021 – An Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) panel has issued its written decision providing its reasons for the oral ruling it made on July 12, 2021 regarding applications brought in June 2021 by Bison Acquisition Corp. and Brookfield Infrastructure Corporation Exchange Limited Partnership, Inter Pipeline Ltd. (IPL) and Pembina Pipeline Corporation. The applications related to competing proposals to acquire IPL by Brookfield and Pembina. The hearing of the applications was held on Friday, July 9, 2021.
With a view to protecting the market and the integrity of IPL shareholders' choice between Brookfield's and Pembina's competing proposals for IPL, the panel issued numerous orders in the public interest.
The ASC is the regulatory agency responsible for administering the province’s securities laws. It is entrusted with fostering a fair and efficient capital market in Alberta and with protecting investors. As a member of the Canadian Securities Administrators, the ASC works to improve, coordinate and harmonize the regulation of Canada's capital markets.
For further information please contact:
For Media Inquiries:
Director, Communications and Investor Education
For Investor Inquiries:
ASC Public Inquiries
Toll Free: 1-877-355-4488
- Canadian securities regulators to introduce temporary exemptions to facilitate implementation of the OEO trailer ban
- Investor Alert: The Alberta Securities Commission warns public about True North Bit
- Canadian securities regulators issue statement regarding amended Special Economic Measures (Russia) Regulations
- Fraud Prevention Month: Canadian Securities Administrators encourages Canadians to invest in asking questions before investing in crypto assets
- CSA seeks applications for Investor Advisory Panel