Telecom Order CRTC 2022-8
Ottawa, 24 January 2022
Northwestel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Northwestel Inc. TN 1145
Special Services Tariff – Changes to Special Assembly #7 Layer 2 Ethernet WAN Service
22 November 2021 10 December 2021
- The Commission received no interventions with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote (i) consumer interests by providing increased flexibility for the customer by including provisions for month-to-month options as well as a termination penalty waiver under certain situations, and (ii) innovation by ensuring consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services as a result of the service revisions.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: