Broadcasting order 2022-70
Broadcasting Licence Fees - Part I
Broadcasting Order CRTC 2022-70
Ottawa, 17 March 2022
Broadcasting Licence Fees – Part I
- The Broadcasting Licence Fee Regulations, 1997 (the Regulations) provide for the payment of a Part I licence fee by certain broadcasting undertakings. Subsection 9(1) of the Regulations sets out the components for the calculation of the regulatory costs.
- Pursuant to section 10 of the Regulations, the Commission announces in this public notice that the estimated total broadcasting regulatory costs of the Commission for the 2022-2023 fiscal year are $34.021 million.
- The annual adjustment amount (debit) referred to in subsection 8(2) of the Regulations for the 2020-2021 fiscal year is $0.479 million.
- Exceptionally, Her Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Canadian Heritage and the Treasury Board, and pursuant to subsection 23(2.1) of the Financial Administration Act, considered that it was in the public interest to do so, and remitted the Part I licence fees paid or payable by all licensees under paragraph 3(a) of the Regulations, in respect of the fiscal year 2020-2021. For more information on this subject, please refer to Canada Gazette, Part 2, Volume 154, Number 12: Order to Remit Part I License Fees Paid or Payable by all Broadcasting Licensees.
- Taking into account the above Order in Council, the net billing for the Part I licence fee for the 2022-2023 fiscal year is $34.021 million. This estimated net billing represents a slight increase of 0.4% compared to the amount for the 2021-2022 fiscal year ($33.871 million).
- Date modified: