Natalie Jameson, Minister of Education and Lifelong Learning issued the following statement:
“I would like to extend my sincere congratulations to the newly elected school board trustee for the Public Schools Branch and La Commission scolaire de langue française.
This government made a promise to reinstate elected school boards and provide Islanders a direct voice in our education system.
I am grateful for the many engaged and inspiring leaders that put their names forward to serve. School board trustees are advocates for students, teachers and staff. They will provide strategic direction, allocate resources and support students, schools and the entire community.
Trustees make a meaningful difference, and I am confident that PEI’s new trustees will continue to uphold our outstanding education system.
Congratulations, and I look forward to working with all of you.”
Department of Education and Lifelong Learning
- Ready Set Learn: Nurturing children’s resiliency and relationships through reading
- Thousands of Islanders accessed care under Pharmacy Plus PEI program during first three months
- Deadline for Provincial Disaster Financial Assistance Program approaching quickly
- Funding for tourism businesses for new products
- New Mental Health Structured Programming and Day Treatment facility unveiled; new programs announced for Islanders