Manitoba Health advises that beginning Nov. 28, monkeypox vaccination appointments will be available through local public health offices. A full list of public health offices by health region is available at www.gov.mb.ca/health/publichealth/offices.html. As of that date, appointments will no longer be available through the online booking tool or central vaccine phone line.
As of Nov. 21, 1,361 doses of the vaccine have been administered to eligible people. Manitoba has reported one confirmed case of monkeypox. Following the next update on Dec. 13, online data about monkeypox will be updated every four weeks based on information entered in the provincial immunization registry.
For more information, visit www.gov.mb.ca/health/publichealth/diseases/monkeypox.html. People who need more information about monkeypox or immunizations can contact a local public health office, health-care provider or Health Links-Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or (toll-free) at 1-888-315-9257.
- 30 -
- Province Advises Pre-Budget Consultation in Winnipeg to be Rescheduled
- Manitoba Government Invests $100 Million in Critical Rural Infrastructure
- Manitoba Government Invests Nearly $850 Million to Help Families, Communities, Address Health-Care System Pressures
- Manitoba Government Offers Free Provincial Park Entry for Month of February
- Manitoba Government Provides $1.2 Million in Rent Subsidies for Lions Place Residents