Telecom Order CRTC 2021-151
Ottawa, 3 May 2021
Iristel Inc. – Final approval of a tariff application
- The Commission approves on a final basis the following tariff application:
Table 1 Applicant Tariff Notice and description Date of application Effective date Iristel Inc.
Access Services Tariff – Introduction of Routing of 800/888 Calls
5 February 2021 22 February 2021
- The Commission received an intervention from Bell Canada with respect to the application.
- In accordance with subparagraph 1(b)(i) of the 2006 Policy Direction,Footnote 1 the Commission considers that the approval of this application will advance the policy objective set out in paragraph 7(f) of the Telecommunications Act.Footnote 2
- In accordance with the 2019 Policy Direction,Footnote 3 the Commission considers that this order, which is based on a complete record, can promote competition, affordability, consumer interests, and innovation. Specifically, the final approval of this application will promote affordability and consumer interests, because it will (i) increase competition in the provinces in which Iristel operates; and (ii) ensure that consumers have access to high-quality telecommunications services.
- Revised tariff pages are to be issued within 10 calendar days of the date of this order. Revised tariff pages can be submitted to the Commission without a description page or a request for approval; a tariff application is not required.
- Date modified: